Sunday, August 9, 2009

Some Summer Sunday night thoughts

Sheesh .. Two months...

A Summer Sunday night post...

Several things on my mind lately

- The whole health care debate has become ths most popular subject in most groups I interact. The worst part is regardless if I am watching on TV or listening to people no one really knows the heart of the issue. It is nothing but half truths whether the source is the guy behind the counter or the guy who has the title "President of United States".

- Discussions regarding the economy are filled with just as many half truths as well. The "worst economy since teh Great Depression" is something that should NEVER be uttered by any person. I will get to that in a later post.

- One of the things remarkable is not that the President Obama;s poll numbers are going down. That was to be suspected as its the case with most Presidents. The thing that is something to stand up and notice is the poll numbers of those who voted for him. That is where his popularity has taken a real dive.

- As I get older, I am going out much less to the "scene" which I thought was most appropriate. When I have been out there I saw mostly young people at the height of my bar going days. I am nto sure when it happenned though but now there is a club scene for people, ahem, older than me. One place where it is quite noticeable is a restaurant bar in a local outside mall. I have gone in twice. The first time I thought it was funny that everyone was about ten years older than me. I was so sure that had to be an anomaly. I went in again and sure enough the same age group. I have not been there again for some time but did walk by a few nights ago and the same is holding true. I wonder aloud if this is a new thing or have the group who could be grandparents had their version of Tiki Bobs for some time? Of course the place that intrigues me the most is in Royal Oak where people walk in and for sure do not lack confidence. I expect one time to walk in and everyone will be donning a crown of thorns. Saying that I will continue to go there because there are some remarkable moments of human nature that should not be missed.

- The people of the city of Detroit appear to be endorsing a completely new direction. A few months back, they voted in businessman Dave Bing who will bring his business knowledge to an office that needs much of it. The voters followed up this past week by voting in former reporter Charles Pugh, who has been in Detroit all his life. Pugh has made as close to a grass roots effort as a reporter can taking time and talking with the public and finding out what they want and what can be done going forward.It will be interesting to see what can be done between these two men going forward if the results carry over to November.

OK... that is what I have for right now...

No comments: