Monday, December 22, 2008

Enough hours in the day? Guess not...

I heard over the weekend and discovered it being discussed here. Retailers are now staying open 24 hours. I am trying to figure why this is at all necessary. The biproducts of our instant gratification society never seem to end. Is it not enough that these stores already have extended hours of service during the holiday? Is it enough you can purchase anything you want from the confines of your home on your computer at anytime you want from anywhere? Nope - you can now do your shopping physcically at 3:30 AM. Personally speaking, that is simply not natural. I am usually in need of sleep at that hour. This is especially true if I have been at al productive during the day. Plus I am somehow capable to manage my time to do my shopping during regular shopping hours. I am very sure I am missing something.

No comments: