Sunday, June 29, 2008

Calamity

I am to the point I am going to just start diligently putting in an entry at least three times a week., I am just not quite sure how exciting an entry about me dragging yet another five bags of yard waste to the curb will be after awhile. I seem to slowly but surely removing things from my yard one by one due much to overgrowth. I am wondering if the garbage men will eventually stop coming to my house.

One thing that got me this week is complete inefficiency that took place when I picked up an item from one of the retail places in here in the area. I bought a set of items from their clearance center back in mid-April. (I know for sure I bought it then because I did not do much shopping after that for some time). Anyways, the items, despite being in the clearance center were not available. They told me it would be about a month. Well a month passed by and the item I guess had not come in to the warehouse. I kind of forgot about it as it was not a big deal item for me as it was a big deal for others – like the women in my life who are not my girlfriend. (PLEASE NOTE – I don’t have one of those either) Well I got the phone call the items came in to the warehouse. I went to pick them up at the warehouse – which happens not to be the location I originally purchased them from. I have the receipt – which I miraculously still had which obviously amazed me. I drive to the location and go to the warehouse area. I give my receipt to the gatekeeper and he informs me I have to go get a bar code. “Huh?” I have to go into the “showroom” and get the bar code.

Well I go in and stand in line at the Customer Service area waiting for what seems like forever. Granted it was 8 o’clock at night but I looked at plenty of people behind the counter and they all simply looked back – GOOD TIMES!!! Finally someone offered to help me and I asked for the bar code while I handed them my invoice. This takes another ten minutes as it seems like some mystery what to do in order to get that bar code. Finally I get the bar code which appears to be close to the Holy Grail at this point.

I drive back to the Gatekeeper’s location and I drive back to drop off area. I back my car in and hand off the bar code. Now I am not thinking those who work in a warehouse would be Rhode Scholars but it yet takes another fifteen minutes to find the items in the warehouse. This as I look at one guy just sitting there “tuning” his mp3 player. Needless to say I am quite exacerbated at this point based on all the circumstances.

While nothing by itself in this experience was appalling, the whole thing put together was certainly a challenge for myself.

No comments: