Monday, February 23, 2009

A few Monday thoughts

A few things that have passed my way these days...
- The expected turnout for the City of Detroit Mayoral primary is to be 15%.
This is extremely sad considering how important this vote if for the city. It makes you wonder what is the breaking point for the city and those who live inside the borders.
- Initially I found this clip funny. As I thought about it more it starts to scare the hell out of me. Much like what I asked in the first bullet here, I wonder when the brink will take place and what will happen when that brink occurs. Too many people pay their mortgages on time with no issues then turn around and ask those same people since they are diligent to help those who are not so timely. I will write more on this as time goes on.
- We are for sure in a new world when you see articles like this one. Big Brother seems to be progressively creeping in to our world and making us pay for it.
- Watching the Pistons lately is a test of endurance. It is brutal to watch and has forced me into a position I never thought I wouls find myself in - understanding and respecting the effort that Chauncey Billups put in during his time here. Of course if you just look at the Denver Nuggets - Chauncey's new team - they have been playing very good basketball since Mr. Big Shot's arrival. Sometimes you don't know what you have until you lost it.
- I usually do not get caught up in hype because 9 out of 10 times that is all it is. The results never match the excitement and disappointment ensues. That is what happenned last yar with the Detroit Tigers. Sure if you open the paper these days, you see alot of excitement coming from Spring training - proof warm weather is actually in reach - but that is all it is right now - excitement. I am back to where everyone should be - excitement over results. Tell me when they are winning games.

No comments: