Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Celebrity Choices

Well I could discuss the primaries but I am sure I will tackle the 2008 enough. I have not discussed sports but I will leave it for some other time. What am I going to talk about – the liar Roger Clemens? Nope - I want to discuss those who defy logic. I want to talk about celebrities who decide after having too many they are going to get behind the wheel. Now I could sit here and say they should not drive with alcohol in their system. That is not the point. I guess what is mind boggling to me is why someone with all the money in the world to pay someone to be a chauffer chooses to do so. I guess I am trying to do the impossible – rationalize the celebrity mind. I think even Freud would put his hand up to that opportunity. Freud would not have visited Brittney or any other celebrity.

Now why don’t celebrities go out and get a chauffer? Are they cheap? Stubbornness? Do they not want to bother someone with their travails despite that person making tons of money off of them?

The other thing that pops in my head is based on my trips to California. I am nervous driving around there sober in the daylight. With all the roads that go along the side and between mountains it is not like here in the Midwest where the roads are straight shots. You really have to keep a level head driving some of the fine paths.

In the end, I feel bad for those who have found themselves in that spot. I think we can all agree there is something more to the whole situation. It makes me wonder again if money can buy happiness. That is a completely different entry.

No comments: