Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It is what it is

First, I apologize for the way my last post looked you Internet Explorer people. YIKES. I looked at it Mozilla Firefox and it looked just fine. Anyways - onto the rest of my post. I will admit this one covers several different topics.

I will tell a short story which is kind of my life story in a small package. I needed a haircut. I usually go with a standard chain which is close to my place. I can usually leave my place, get a haircut and be back in a half hour.
The stylist is usually someone who does not have the English language learned well but they do a pretty good job. I am not picky about my stylist because I have not had a bad haircut yet at this location. This time I am going to try something different.

The all sports station here advertises for a chain of "salons" which cater to men. Obviously they don't have your grandmother cutting hair nor do they have other men. Now I usually would not find myself in such a place because I assume they stacked it with women who are there due their physical attributes and not their hair cutting skills. After some time, it seems like their business was growing and I thought it would not hurt to go once just to see what it is all about and in the least be mildly entertained. Per usual when I go against my instincts I basically get egg in my face. I walked into the location and did not wait long as someone was available to cut my hairs. As I looked at the woman I snickered as I knew the joke was on me - she was pregnant. Needless to say in my mind, I was laughing. The Lord has a fine sense of humor and he likes to prove it to me. She promptly called me "Honey as I took a seat and in my mind I chuckled even more. IN the end, I did get a decent haircut and I did my usual to ask her, like most people I meet, a series of different questions to learn for myself. Of course she may have never got asked on her job but I say so what. "Are you an employee or did you buy your spot?" "How long have you been working here?" "Do you stil try to do Women's hair? "What type of training do you have to go through?"

I could have written one of those reports you do in school about someone who does a job you may aspire to have one day. I think for sure I could have got a B+.

Some final notes (political nature)...
  • Fred has left the building and we give him his parting gifts. Honestly if you saw this guy on Meet the Press, you would have known he sealed his fate then and there. I am pretty sure I fell asleep.

  • Rudy should not be that far behind. Saying that if somehow he pulled off the miracle of all miracles and won Florida that would put him in the lead for electoral votes among everyone.

1 comment:

Dateless in Detroit said...

oh no. You went to Lady Janes didnt you. You fell for the trap. :) You need to come to my salon. The gals will do a fab job.