Saturday, January 19, 2008

About me

On what is a very cold day in my location, some may wonder, “Who is Midwest Gent?” The best way to let you all know is simply typing it out.


Let’s state some of the obvious ones –



  • I am from the Midwest.

  • I live in a state which I guess is going through some economic bad times but I have not seen much evidence of it personally.

  • I live in a town that is known for three companies in the same industry.

  • I live in a town patiently – ok maybe not - awaiting spring when baseball starts back up again.

  • I am a male - hence the Gent

  • Early 30’s

  • Looking around… I have neither a wife or girlfriend

  • It is quiet… so no children

  • I enjoy the last two points for the time being.

  • It allows me to live a simple life but admit there will be time when that will not be the case anymore.

  • Homeowner and still trying to figure out if that was a good idea.

  • I live in a family part of town.

  • My employer would be referred to from time to time as the “Titanic”

  • I am well educated and enjoy being educated.

  • Homework cramps my style.

  • I prefer summer to winter but fine with it all.

  • I am not metrosexual.

  • I own four pairs of shoes.

  • Style would be classic.

  • I don’t own an mp3 player.

  • My politics are not of importance as I am not here to fire and brimstone speeches.

  • I eat out rarely as I cook for myself mostly.

  • I enjoy following politics but admit openly a lot of it is mind boggling.

  • I think reading blogs is great because people are honest about their thoughts.

  • I live by this adage – If you are not laughing you are not living.


There is more to me but I think this gets off to a good start.

2 comments:

Dateless in Detroit said...

I'll take a guess that your from my parts. And Its obvious where I am from. :) Good job. Still a little mystery there, however I like the style. I agree with you on laughing. Laughing rocks, makes you feel warm and fuzzy, and keeps you healthy.

xxxx said...

A man who can cook! Ain't nothing wrong with that! :)