Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another City Letter

Dear City – There are plenty of things baffling me right now on how your run your operation. The first thing is telling me my sidewalk needs to be replaced and oh by the way me the citizen that already drops a ton of money to you for property taxes relative to the land I own will need to flip the bill. This is despite there being no issue with the cement and it is simply uneven with what you as the city poured a few years back linking one house to another one. You tell me it is a hazard and I can’t figure out how it could be unless you are walking in the dark dragging your feet like a knuckle dragging cave man. You will undoubtedly get a visit from this citizen on that issue.

If that is not enough, I was diligent last weekend and was cleaning out the garage. While this took place, I discovered a fair amount of plastic bags – already bagged up but just sitting there serving zero purposes and a good amount of empty non-refundable bottles. This is all in addition to a fair amount of newspapers already bagged up but no place to go. Why ids that the case? You do not provide a recycling service with trash pickup. I am far from Mr. Green but this is 2008. Are you not twenty years late on offering such a service? Sure I can drive a few miles down the road and use the “recycling center” but that seems kind of cheap and lazy for a city your size. I do the responsible thing and put the recyclable items in the car. Come to find out I get there you will NOT accept plastic bags nor will you accept green glass. WTF! A fruitless trip that caused me to bring back well over half the garbage that needs to be recycled and might consider throwing away in the trash. I would love to know the rationale over the green glass as well as the plastic bags. I will figure out which department that is the day I stop by to discuss the cement.

You can rest assure if I was paying much more in taxes I would be a thorn in your side through several different methods.

Until next time – Midwest Gent

Note to all - Why does everything need to be an all out effort to get anything done in this world? It seems as time goes on the tasks grow as well as the time it takes to complete the tasks. The worst part is none of these tasks are really that outstanding other than the human factor involved with them putting up the psychological barriers. Who benefits from such barriers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops! I left my sidewalk comment on your PITA entry instead. Sorry!

Dateless in Detroit said...

uh ya. My answer would be a resounding NO to fork over my own chunk of money for a city owned side walk. sorry! Want it fixed? do it yourself. I have no money for that BS, it goes to more important things, like a mortgage, car payment, and filling up my gas tank. Go to hell.

this area really isnt to UP and UP on the lets save the earth thing. I'd venture to say they probably wouldnt take color paper either. I would have dumped it in THIER trash cans so they can 'splain to thier higher ups why recyclables are in the trash.

Yea, I'm sassy today. :)

Dateless in Detroit said...

oh, or Ruth to the Rescue could be called. LOL!