Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CostCo trip

I went to Costco in the MH Friday morning as I was off from the Titanic and thought the crowds would be manageable. Ummmm NO!

Some of the events that took place…

The goal was to get non consumables products but for sure look around at the consumables to make sure I am not missing anything.

I really wish I was in the market for a television. The prices they have there are ridiculously low. I could get twenty more inches for the same price I bought my previous one for…cripes… My justification for getting a TV…none.

I made a phone call to see if someone I knew needed anything while I was there. I asked whether or not they wanted a power drill, wrench set, 48 AA batteries, Grill with a refrigerator or anything else I saw as I passed through the back of the store. They said they were set.

There may have been a celebrity sighting but it was tough to tell. She was in her running shorts, tshirt and did not have the makeup encased to her face. Plus I thought when I looked at her on TV she was married and I saw no ring. After passing by fifty times I still was not sure. Either I don’t really know what she looks like or this woman just closely resembled her. (To clarify, I passed by her because we were frequenting the same aisles)

I said no to the box of Gharadelli Fudge Brownie mix that would 96 servings. If I bought I would be yelled at by my mother indicating one could make better scratch brownies.

In the mean time I bought those chocolate chunk cookies from the bakery. Those are always good things to have making the trip worthwhile.

I felt like every aisle was blocked by someone with their carts left right in the middle and then either taking a sample or going elsewhere to fetch something else.

I thought as I strolled through the store – “Why do I have a card as everything here is geared toward family’s that resemble the Brady Bunch?”

Where are the treats for my four legged nieces? Why do they not have what they want? What will I give them when they make their next trip to their uncle’s?

I now have enough sandwich bags to last me almost two years. I take my lunch to work 95% of the time. In other words – that is a lot of bags.

Note to self – Continue stance on not buying pop or beer here as their prices are not that good.

I told myself as I lugged to bottles of it “Apple Juice is better tha anything else I usually have at night”.

I answer the phone – “Yes I realize I have an appointment this afternoon with dark skies and receiving the mental torture that only a dimpled ball could hand out. No I don’t know where it is as I am spending my daily one hour a day with out Internet Access being out in public with the people.”

I did not gain much coming on a Friday morning. I once again assume everyone in the world besides myself does not work.

The gas line looks like what they looked like when Jimmy Carter was President.

No comments: