Friday, September 5, 2008

"Zip Code"

This evening I stopped off to fill up the "hot rod". Now I put your basic unleaded fuel in there. I charge it to the credit card and do the whole transaction at the pump. First thing that gets me is they charge another ten cents a gallon for gas. Next I turn around and go to start filling the tank. It is not filling and I turn around to see what is wrong. On the display they are asking for my zip code. Is it really necessary to find out my zip code? What immediately came to mind is being required to do this when I am filling my tank in January and the cold weather is in full effect with a nice wind shield. There are some gas stations not doing the whole extra ten cents addition for using my credit card and not wasting my time with some stupid zip code requirement. DO you think this even crosses the minds of people who put it out there?

1 comment:

Dateless in Detroit said...

I think its for decreasing credit card theft at the pump.