Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bank Rescue thoughts

I am going through and trying to figure out what is all happening right now. I have always enjoyed following the economy and stock market but for sure these days can’t make heads or tails. I am not going to regurgitate the details of everything taking place in credit markets and financial institutions but some thoughts.

Is Congress really educated enough about the issues to pass legislation that will attempt to “solve” the issue? I still have not heard how the $700B was figured out.

Will giving $700B to the parties involved correct the issue which no one quite seems to be able to put their finger on right now?

I look at all like kids who behaved badly and did not think about their actions being rewarded very well. There were no consequences. Their parents came and rescued them and they most likely will try it again – just in a different form as to not get caught. What I am getting at is most banks got into trouble due to their own greed. Now they are being rescued and the only people suffering are us the tax payers.

Would any of this be taking place it the year were not divisible by four?

I am finding it amazing how this issue has taken such precedence in just over thirty days before the election. When you watch the news the election is still a big story but for sure not taking the precedence one would think at this critical stage especially considering how much at nauseum the cable news networks have been talking about in the last eighteen months.

I think well after passing the bill you will continue seeing the public react to this whole ordeal. There is large disgust from liberals and conservatives about this deal. It is evidence that the pain of all this is blind to political affiliation.

Something I find remarkable though I for sure understand - Obama's lead has gone up in the past week according to the polls. I am trying to figure out how this whole thing DIRECTLY relates to the position of the President of the US. Did the current guy in office give away loans to people who they knew should have never got those loans? Did he make mortgages an over whelming portion of the bank's assets? There are plenty of reason to vote for Obama but nothing having to do with the banking issue. Maybe I am just using way too much common sense.

No comments: