Monday, October 6, 2008

Fast on the right, slow on the left - huh?

Every day I travel north on the interstate and get slightly frustrated by a decision from civil engineers to have an exit on the left side of the expressway. This makes for "great" traveling as another highway which exits to the right. My exit is not too long afterwards which means it makes for a fun track each morning. Let me preface that my trip to and from work are really as a whole fantastic. It would just would drive me nuts if I went north on the way home which is typically a very slow progressing parking lot. Anyways, my typical ride is getting on the freeway and slowly progressing to the left lane. I start getting going at a nice comfortable rate but usually end up behind someone who is in the left lane waiting to exit off and locked in at that sexy 65. I am thankful for those people but I just wish they were not in front of me. These people typically maintain that speed regardless of how many people pass them in the middle lane. Once I pass that exit, I end up having to get to the right. This is always good as traffic slows down for the freeway exits coming up and the on coming traffic coming from the freeway. I slowly put my hands together as I for sure slow down unless there is an opening up ahead and there is a log jam forming from the freeway. I will as a result press the accelerator to put myself in a position of merging in that spot.

All in all - a very good time each morning. Thankfully I have the slight challenge in the morning because I do have a job.

No comments: