Friday, February 8, 2008

Joe must GO!! Joe must GO!!

This week, I was given the opportunity to see this team play at their facility. I go to a fair amount of events but I have not seen this team live in sometime. Now before you continue reading this, I do want to tell you I had a very good time and do feel great I got the opportunity especially since it was with in my budget - $0. Ok - I feel like I can go on with my entry here with people not accusing me of being a whiner.

My thoughts during the game as well as the next day were the place is a dump. I could hardly move in the place with concourse being about the width of a sewing needle. If that was not enough, I went to sit down in my seat and found it to be…very uncomfortable. I felt smushed in my seat and for sure stood up from time to time just to stretch. Sure it did not help I had my winter coat with me, but that should not be a big deal. Now know I am a pretty average sized guy. I am not overweight, nor am I “tall” or “short”. Now would I feel the same way if it was an older arena or like Wrigley or Fenway? Probably not because you are where history takes place but this place is new in comparison and just seems just as dilapidated as arenas that have been around 3 times as long.

I have heard plenty of talk of getting a new place but I think it needs to change from talk to action in a city well known for texting right now. (There is that Action versus talk reference again)

1 comment:

Dateless in Detroit said...

It did seem so much bigger when we were kids, huh?
Your references make me chuckle.