Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Letter to the Road Commission

Dear County Road Commission:

I thought I would write a letter to let you know that your neighbor is making you look very bad right now. This has been happening for years but this morning I thought I would write you.

I have been living at my location now for twenty months. Every snow fall has been no different. I start out thinking my drive will be a rough one because of the shapes of your roads.

Your roads have seen ZERO work done on them. I see no effort to get salt on them. I for sure have not seen evidence of a PLOW. The only removal taking place on that road has been the tire tracks from previous traffic. After I travel one-half, I head onto roads of your neighbor county. It is like NIGHT and DAY! There is NO SNOW other than a little from the curb. The roads are for all matter of purposes WET. Needless to say it leaves me confused as to how there can be such a dramatic difference.

What are your ROAD CREWS doing with in the twelve or more hour time span? Do you have five or six people on staff? Are you waiting for the snow to melt? HELLO!!

Sure I could go on with my list of questions for the road commission in general which ranks right up there with my long list of questions I have once I get to the pearly gates of Heaven but I think this letter will stop for now.

Regards:

MidwestGent

3 comments:

Dateless in Detroit said...

P.S. The potholes on Schonherr are becoming out of control. I do not have an off road vehicle, I have a Nissan Sentra, like most poor people in the area. I feel like it may blow a tire at any moment and spin out of control, perhaps into your one salt truck.

P.S.S. Is it necessary (when you do actually plow the parkinglot) that you plow IN the cars that are parked? Again, my little subcompact cannot heave ho in reverse over the mountain of snow you left behind my car arse. This may be a letter for the independant company the association hires, but you have pull, make it happen.

Midwest Gent said...

I know beyond a shadow of a doubnt that the Road Commission is reading this blog.

Dateless in Detroit said...

I think so! They filled the potholes! Whats Next??