Monday, February 18, 2008

What am I missing??

I am writing about one of the fine mysteries of our land – attraction. This blog is done by someone who has just got done doing a small stint into the online world with a well known service. I sent messages to twenty women who I felt fit what I was looking in a woman and based on the information they offered up felt like it would be a good match. He received exactly one response. That response was to say they appreciated the message but for one reason – a good one I will agree – it would probably was not a good idea to even get started. It was refreshing to know at least one woman respected the effort.

The remainder of the women did not even respond to the inquiry. This could be for no other reason than they are not members. You need to pay in order to read messages sent to you for this service.

All in all, I am trying to figure out loud what it takes to succeed in this dating world? Women say they want someone with a job- check. Women say they want someone with education – check…check. Women want someone who has their own transportation – check. Women want someone who does not want to play games – check (I don’t know how to play them and if I ended up playing them I would not realize it and I am sure there would be a good reason for my actions). I don’t think women would object to anyone who owns their own home- right? I could go on for a while here but I think you all are pretty smart. The bottom line – what am I missing here? I will openly admit that I am picky but not off the wall. It is not like I am asking someone to be a model and I eat fatty foods all the time.

Through another service I met up with a woman last week. I thought we had a good time and after one phone call and one text message there has been no response. I am beginning to think it may be wise for a camera crew to follow me so I can watch the instant replay. I don’t think I did anything wrong. Oh well enough from me. I may come back to these issues at a later point.

3 comments:

Dateless in Detroit said...

"That world" is a tough one to bite off if you just start. They let everyone have a profile and do not indicate who are actual members so your not wasting your time.
Helpful hints (im sure you've done this, but you never know).
Have a photo or 3 of YOU (not a pet or your car).
Be honest in your profile with what you want and try to answer all questions.
Be open if there is someone that is not EXACTLY your typical match.

Good luck. (email me privately if you want, i'll take a look and give you advice? But I understand your want for staying anonymous)

Midwest Gent said...

I will tell you I have not just started but you make a great point about showing who are paying members and who is just occupying their time.

Hint #1 – very good tip. My auto would be a deterrent.
Hint #2 – I have been told on more than a few occasions that my profile and honest – just did not fit the one who exclaimed the opinion.
Hint #3 – Another very good one and point taken.

In the end, due to some lately occurring circumstances, I feel like the poor performance was good thing and is part of the “big plan”. It is amazing how things change so quickly in this world. When it is all said and done, I will smile on my “misfortune”.

I think what I wrote was me living in the moment.

xxxx said...

I'll watch the instant replay!