Monday, February 4, 2008

Post Super Bowl weekend

Random points from the weekend –

I had an alcohol free Saturday even though I was healthy. That was weird. I am really not sure why I did it other than I had nothing to do – the first Saturday in 2008. Maybe it was because today was the Super Bowl but even then nothing real crazy took place. Maybe I am getting old as I came across the dreaded… gray hair. By writing this entry I will tell you I did survive an alcohol free Saturday and maybe I will throw all caution to the wind and have another one some time soon… or maybe I am getting ahead of myself.

I went to the mall Saturday to see if anything good was on sale. I went to an "upscale" mall because I thought they had a store where I purchase a good portion of my clothes and it was closest to where I live right now. The funny thing is I discovered my preferred department store where I find stuff is not at the "upscale" mall. LOL! Needless to say my shopping prowess leaves a bit to be desired but I continue. I did go to one department store that sponsors the New York Thanksgiving Parade. I will tell you that I don't have what it takes to be a metrosexual. I went in and the store was split into brand names. I am sure people would correct me and say it was split into "collections". Here I am just looking to see what is out there and I feel like I need a combination lock to figure out where the things are that I would like to buy. On top of everything I find it amazing what people are choosing to wear today. Men are PURPOSELY buying very wrinkled and not well made clothing. Am I missing something? The other thing that makes me chuckle is what people are spending on clothes? I saw some shirts for a $100. What comes with those shirts? Anyways, after spending some time trying to figure it out, I discovered I was not cut for it and need to probably leave. My head was spinning, I felt dehydrated and I knew I needed to go back to location where I usually go to the department store. While I walked out, I discovered the $100 shirt is midrange. I parked my car where I had to walk through another department store that must be located between fourth and sixth avenue. I saw I could get a tie for $250. If I got some expensive pants I could walk around in a mortgage payment. Anyways I will get back to my usual department store next weekend when I have gathered strength.

(Editor note - Please know the author is not cheap or low class and just poking fun at some of the luxuries in this world.)

For the purpose of full disclosure, I was going to blog before today’s game but ran out of time. I would have told you to take the points (Translation – Giants would have kept the margin of the Patriots winning under fourteen points). On the other side, I would tell you to bet that total for today’s game would have been – I am guessing what the Las Vegas total was – 45 points. That you would have lost. All in all, the lesson is simple – don’t wager your money.

As for commercials, I did not see one that would be considered great though putting jumper cables on one’s nipples makes you wonder about society. Yikes…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you following me? I was at the same mal, same department store and same area of the said store on Saturday afternoon. Crazy! I am not a cross-dresser, I was with my friend Tomkat and he wanted to go into that store. Um, what was with all the elevators and the escalator being broken? My feet were hurting!

Midwest Gent said...

I can safely inform you that I was not following you and even if I was it would have not taken much to lose me in there. We must have gone at different times since the escalators from what I could tell were functioning well. Thank heavens... I did not need any more challenges.