Monday, April 28, 2008

End of April after a small "spring nap"

Several items to comment on after an elongated period of sitting...

- My last entry got some weird comments. I am still not sure how that took place.- This story is great. Is it really possible that this person was that ignorant? Is it possible that the father was that much in the dark?
- Are the Democrats ever going to decide on a candidate? This has been going back and forth for months and I see no end in sight. I think it is possible that it may go to the convention this summer. Actually it is probably likely. I saw one commentator on TV this weekend (something I did a LOT of) this weekend even say it could go past the convention. I asked myself when I heard that when then does the candidate get selected if that is the case?
- In the meantime, John McCain, who a year ago was out of money completely, will have more time to collect more donation contributions from various Republican contributors. I am trying to think how the drawn out Democratic race hurts him?
- You wonder aloud if he will collect money from Democrats?
- I am getting close to spending sometime just Youtubing Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
- I have to think that Justin Verlander will be thrilled to see April come to a complete end. I am thinking the whole Tiger’s team will be happy to see April come to an end.
- One guy that is not funny in the least - Mo Rocca. He was on TV this weekend and I was amazed he even has a career in front of the camera.
- I have to admit that I have zero desire to see Yankee Stadium. Tigers will play their last set of games there this week. Yankees will get a new home next season and Yankee Stadium will no longer be used as their playing venue. I don’t know if my lack of desire has to do with the city, the team or combination of it all.
- I am feeling decent that 85 wins will be a good number.
- I am feeling REAL good about my Piston's prediction unless they lose in this round.
- Tax rebates supposedly will be delivered to bank accounts beginning today. I wonder if people have been logging into their bank accounts more than usual today? I wonder even more if people even know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all over that tax rebate. Btw, loved that remark about not trusting a smart person with a bake sale. I think a smart person is one who sees the big picture, and acts on it accordingly. People often get hung up on the details, and it distracts them from making good decisions. That's my two cents, anyway, and that may be all it's worth! ;)

Midwest Gent said...

It is all about seeing the big picture. It is just funny how many people who are in charge of the big picture and they get tied up in the small details.