Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer evening random thoughts

Some random thoughts this nice summer evening...
- Why is Angelina Jolie having some babies such a big deal? Just checking.
- I saw the latest Indiana Jones movie. My opinion - don;t rent it and Please Harrison- No more!!
- So let me get this straight. Alex Rodriguez wife left him for Lenny Kravitz and then Alex himself went looking for Madonna? It makes my world spin to think about even playing that "six Degrees of separation" with all these four people only concerning sex partners.
- I said Tigers - 85 wins. It looks good here at the half way point. Their fielding stinks and to be honest they cannot hit the ball. Seems funny from all the talk before the season.
- Brett Favre - go away...
- Who will pick their VP first? Are both McCain and Obama wishing the other would pick theirs and they can counter. I suspect that McCain will wait until after the Democratic Convention.
- If I were a betting man, I would NOT put my money on Hillary. There is too much baggage and Billy Boy will be too much for Barack to handle.
- Obama seems to have a bunch of land mines. Between his pastor, his mistake on how many states are in the US and now Reverend Jesse Jackson showing his discord with him, it may prove to be a very rough ride to November for him.
- With all the talk about change from his camp he will have to pick someone that reinforces that thought. The tough part is finding that person who is not part of that Washington DC machine and whose politics are along the same line. Best bet - Governor.
- The people in the know seem to think one of two people - Mitt Romney or Tom Ridge. Both guys are Midwestern guys for key swing states. Both guys counter McCain's Washington Ties.
- Is it possible that Iraq will not be an issue by the time November rolls around? The insurgence is working. Both candidates have publicly commented that pulling the troops may not be the best thing to right now. What would there be to argue about Iraq at that point?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we should start calling Ms. Jolie: Angelina-Baby-Cantina. I don't know, but it works. Personally, I could care less about all these stars and their babies. Wow! So impressive that you are a *mommy* and a career woman! If I were a gazillionaire, I could drop calves left and right too... knowing someone else was going to raise them... and have an amazing body. (Wonder if those 1-800-HotBodyFinancing doctors deliver babies too? I might need them to do a tummy tuck post-baby... of course, by the time I have one, I will be on Nightline because I'll also be 65 years old.)

I worked in the same building as the lawyer who co-wrote the Indiana Jones script, or so I was told. He was a schmuck. That's all I have for you there...

I'm sure Alex has hurt feelings, but maybe he could hold onto his women if he didn't wear those gay, see-through, lace black shirts... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY NO LESS. Did you see that interview, or was I the only one to be so lucky?

I hope McCain goes with Mit. I still want Ron Paul to win... and yes, I know that ship has sailed. A girl can still dream.

I think this enough in terms of comments.