Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Comments - Volume....I will figure out for the next time

Random comments from yet another beautiful summer weekend…

Please, please Kwame – do the right thing for ONCE in your life.

I am somewhat irritated by the gas stations in the area charging me another 10 cents a gallon when I charge by credit card, The worst part is despite gas prices going down nearly 10%, that new charge will not be removed from my transaction. I don’t like paying up front because I like to fill up all the way and they are only allowing you to pay cash if you pay before pumping the gas. Now sure I have a rough estimate on what it will cost but in the end, I prefer the credit card. What impact will have on your pocket book? Know you will have to change the numbers based on your filling requirements. Hypothetically, you fill 12 gallons (this number can be different based on the car and how many miles you drive a week) once a week. That means you are spending another almost $63 a year. Of course one would have to ask themselves if that extra cost was already put into the price of gas to begin with and those paying cash are just now getting a discount. I will stop before my mind gets all knotted up.

Someone asked me the other day if I watched any of the coverage of Obama’s trip to Europe and the Middle East. I responded saying there did not seem to be any reason to watch the coverage as I knew how he would be portrayed by the media and it was my understanding he was not answering any questions from journalists. Did he hold press conferences? Yes but only answered questions from military personnel. I am beginning to wonder if being a garbage man is a more enviable job than being President.

I openly admit I am not a big movie guy. I am not sure why other than I find 95% predictable and just sheer lame. I occasionally go the movies. Occasionally means MAYBE twice a year depending on if the crowd has nothing else to do that night. At this point and time I will be committed to be an outsider and say I have zero interest in the new Batman flick.

The Olympics start in less than two weeks. I have watched like 30 minutes of the different trials. With everything being taped delay, waiting for primetime, it will be presented for the first time a full day later. I am one of those people who do not want to watch something that should be seen live.

No comments: